There are five unique roles within Eddy that determine the permissions of an employee. Each role has the ability to perform different functions.
The Five Roles in Eddy
The image above outlines the five distinct roles in Eddy as well as their permissions within the software platform.
- The most basic role in Eddy is the Employee Role. The Employee Role is limited to their home screen, the employee directory, and their own profile. The Employee Role is the default role.
- The Hiring Admin role gives permission to access everything within the Hiring tab. However, outside of the Hiring Tab, they are as limited as a regular employee.
- The HR Admin role gives permission to access anything related to HR, including documents, time and attendance, employee information, and other admin functions. Those with HR Admin permission do not have the ability to access the Hiring tab unless they are added to a hiring team. Only then can they access the Hiring tab but are limited to the specific job(s) they are assigned to.
- The Super Admin role combines the HR admin and Hiring admin role. Super Admin users can do almost anything within the product, save it be the ability to update payment or subscription information, or adjust the role/permissions of other admins.
- The Owner role is the most complete and encompassing role within Eddy. Owners can do anything and everything within the software. There are no restrictions on the Owner role.